- Johnny with ’58 red panel bug, Frankenbug- been driving air cooled since late 90s.
- Brandon Demont, ’85 Vanagon Westphalia
- Preregistration for the Show and Shine is now open! Check it out and let us know if you have any problems or questions.
- Thursday nights- Air Cooled Express- Bennington
- World of Wheels March 17-19- See Randy’s Dad’s beautiful car.
- Spring Cruise Ideas – Meet at Baxter (Westroads), cruise out to Fremont then back roads to Greg’s. April 30/Sunday- Rain or shine. Club pays for meat- BYO side dish.
- Spring Campout – May 5th and 6th, Waubonsie State Park, Nebraska City
- Show & Shine – June 17th, Louisville, NE
- MoKan Volksweston – May 20th
- Bug o Rama – Wichita, may 20th
- Bandimere, CO – July 9th huge swap meet, show, drag racing
- VWs on the Green – May 21st, Clement Park, Littleton, Colorado
- Cars and Coffee Events – starting up soon, HyVee and Pinnacle Bank
- Springfield Days car show – June 10th, 10:00am – 3:00pm. Lots of events. Free registration. Contact Brian at 402-813-4461 to register. Can also register day of show.
- Wahoo Swap Meet – April 9th.
- Fremont swap meet – June 24-25th, probably biggest in the state
- Wahoo Swap Meet– Apr 9
- Fremont Swap Meet– July 24-25
- Johnny owns a venue, -Bellevue DAV- Doing show in June. Mainly Mopars but open to everything. More details to come.
- Speedway Motors Museum of American Speed – Now open on Saturdays. Regular admission price. Let’s plan a cruise sometime mid-late summer.
- Rocky Manginelli – Great weather, good time, biggest ever- need more volunteers next year
- If anyone is interested in VVWCA memberships let me know. For our show insurance, we need to have at least 6 active members. As a club, we went ahead and paid for those memberships upfront, so we have memberships to sell or give away. If you’re interested let me know, otherwise we’ll save them for prizes.
- Camp site update from Ron – 8 full pads taken out of 20 pads, starting to collect money. Half pad $24, full pad $48- Getting Canfield’s gift card for Best Campsite Winner.
- Updated the OVWC website with sponsors for this year.
- Design related things
- All of our ads are out
- Rob as of about midnight received a pin design from me so he’s taking care of that.
- Plaques are in progress
- Need to create show posters
- Need to get shirt design prepped to send. Will have to wait until the end of registration. Mike, would you be able to help with that again?
- Need to get new ballots made with new classes
- After show picnic
- No set start time, can head over right after show but will wait to get going until volunteers can make it.
- Free (besides park admission)
- Food provided
- Drinks like water, lemonade and tea provided
- Louisville Ball Parents Association, new ball field complex.
- Need to make sign for show
- Orphan cars? Decided to allow VW family cars in (Porsche, Audi, etc).
Tech Help/Open floor
- Sean’s 69 Beetle had an interesting issues. Apparently some 68-72 cars use later style e brake cables for undetermined reasons.
- Jeff – Making custom caliper brackets. Greg made his out of wood and had them machined. Johnny knows a guy at Hot Shops that can do metal casting, and even glass castings for light lenses.