We’re excited to announce Summer Cruise 2021, Saturday, June 19th
Meet at Pacific Springs Village, in their main parking area. Pacific Springs Village is a retirement community comprised of apartment style buildings and townhomes. Last year they invited us to do a bit of a rolling car show through their campus. This year, we are going back, putting on a short show and parade through the campus before heading out on our cruise.
Cruise leaves 10:45am
We will cruise to Schramm State Park for lunch. After lunch, stop in Louisville for ice cream, and then over to Ashland, then back into Gretna/Omaha. Total driving time is a little over 1 hour, with lunch being approximately half way.
We will stop around 11:15am at a picnic shelter at Schramm State Park (state park permit required, can be purchased at the drop box on site or purchased and printed online here: https://ngpc-home.ne.gov/ps/faces/index.xhtml.) These shelters are non-reservable, so if they are full, we will proceed to one of the other 3 state parks on the route. Pack your own lunch and drinks.
Lunch will be the only scheduled stop, but feel free to break away from the cruise to enjoy any of the other stops along the way. The cruise will go past these attractions (each open, potentially with restrictions):
- Louisville State Park
- Platte River State Park
- Nebraska’s Wildlife Safari Park
- Mahoney State Park
- Strategic Air and Space Museum
- Start at Pacific Springs Village – 805 South 173rd Court, Omaha, NE 68118
- Take Pacific West to Highway 6/204th St
- Take Higway 6 south until it turns into Highway 31 near Nebraska Crossing
- Continue south on Highway 31 to Schramm State Park
- STOP FOR LUNCH
- Continue on Highway 31 east to Highway 50
- Turn south on to Highway 50, then left onto Main Street into Louisville for Ice Cream
- Drive through Louisville on Highway 66, following signs
- Follow signs for Highway 66 where it splits off to go west just outside Louisville
- Continue west on Highway 66 into Ashland, where it intersects Highway 6
- Take Highway 6 East/North back to Gretna/Omaha, at which point the cruise will dissolve
Any questions, please email email@example.com, or contact August Kaven, Mike & Kim Remmick, or Sean Davis