- This event has passed.
Summer Cruise 2020
June 15, 2020 @ 11:00 am - 2:00 pm
We’re excited to announce Summer Cruise 2020, this Saturday, June 20th
Meet at Pacific Springs Village, in their main parking area. Pacific Springs Village is a retirement community comprised of apartment style buildings and townhomes. As you know, with COVID-19, retirement communities have had many restrictions on activities. They reached out to Omaha VW Club to see if we could cruise through the campus and residents could enjoy a moving car show.
Cruise leaves 11:15am
We will cruise to Schramm State Park for lunch. After lunch, we will continue around Louisville and over to Ashland, then back into Gretna/Omaha. Total driving time is a little over 1 hour, with lunch being approximately half way.
We will stop around 11:45am at a picnic shelter at Schramm State Park (state park permit required, can be purchased at the drop box on site or purchased and printed online here: https://ngpc-home.ne.gov/ps/faces/index.xhtml.) These shelters are non-reservable, so if they are full, we will proceed to one of the other 3 state parks on the route. Pack your own lunch and drinks.
Lunch will be the only scheduled stop, but feel free to break away from the cruise to enjoy any of the other stops along the way. The cruise will go past these attractions (each open, potentially with restrictions):
- Louisville State Park
- Platte River State Park
- Nebraska’s Wildlife Safari Park
- Mahoney State Park
- Strategic Air and Space Museum
- Start at Pacific Springs Village – 805 South 173rd Court, Omaha, NE 68118
- Take Pacific West to Highway 6/204th St
- Take Higway 6 south until it turns into Highway 31 near Nebraska Crossing
- Continue south on Highway 31 to Schramm State Park
- STOP FOR LUNCH
- Continue on Highway 31 east to Highway 50
- Take Highway 50 south around Louisville where it joins with Highway 66
- Follow signs for Highway 66 where it splits of to go west just outside Louisville
- Continue west on Highway 66 into Ashland, where it intersects Highway 6
- Take Highway 6 East/North back to Gretna/Omaha, at which point the cruise will dissolve
Any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact Sean Davis or Danny Kaven