- August Kaven and his finance Hope, familiar faces but first time to a club meeting.
- Preregistration for the Show and Shine is now open! Check it out and let us know if you have any problems or questions.
- Thursday nights – Every Thursday Night around 6:00 PM – Air Cooled Express- Bennington
- OVWC Spring Cruise – 4/30 – 9:30 AM, Meet at Baxter (Westroads), leave at 9:30. Cruise out to Fremont then back roads to Greg Sloma’s place. Rain or shine. Club pays for meat- BYO side dish to share.
- OVWC Spring Campout – May 5th and 6th, Waubonsie State Park, Nebraska City
- OVWC Show & Shine – June 17th, Louisville, NE
- MoKan Volksweston – May 20th
- Bug o Rama – Wichita, may 20th
- Bandimere, CO – July 9th huge swap meet, show, drag racing
- VWs on the Green – May 21st, Clement Park, Littleton, Colorado
- Cars and Coffee Events – starting up soon, HyVee and Pinnacle Bank
- Springfield Days car show – June 10th, 10:00am – 3:00pm. Lots of events. Free registration. Contact Brian at 402-813-4461 to register. Can also register day of show.
- Wahoo Swap Meet – April 9th.
- Fremont swap meet – June 24-25th, probably biggest in the state
- Wahoo Swap Meet– Apr 9
- Fremont Swap Meet– July 24-25
- OVWC Cruise to Speedway Motors Museum of American Speed – Date TBD
- No events reported on.
Enthusiast of the Year Nominations
- We called for enthusiast of the year nominations, to be voted on at the May OVWC Meeting. Winner will not be known outside the May meeting and will be announced at the OVWC Show and Shine in June.
Nominations: Michelle Kaufmann and August Kaven
- We discussed presenting another Heritage Award this year at the show. As in years past, this award is given to a person who has not only been supporter of the Omaha VW Club but has also helped with the VW community throughout the midwest. Previous years have include long time mechanic and engine builder Dick Bozarth and the late Phil Cram of Cram Foreign Auto. At the meeting we discussed whether we should have another award this year and who we believe this years recipient should be. We agreed upon an individual and that will be publicly announced at the OVWC Show and Shine in June.
- Camp site update from Ron
- 14 signed up, 8 full pads left
- Half pad $24, full pad $48
- Best Campsite winner will receive gift card
- Design related things
- All awards are being made
- Sean and Mike Carroll will work to get t-shirts ordered
- Sean will work on getting new ballots made with new classes, setting post cards made and sent out and getting posters ready.
- After show picnic
- No set start time, can head over right after show but will wait to get going until volunteers can make it.
- Free (besides park admission)
- Food provided. Jim Moeller volunteered to grill.
- Club will provide all food: Hot dogs, brats, sides, water, lemonade, tea, etc
- Louisville Ball Parents Association, new ball field complex.
- Still need to make sign for show
- Camping coordinator: Ron B.
- Contacting Sponsors: Sean D., Danny K., Greg S.
- Ballots, Postcards, Posters: Sean D.
- T-Shirts: Mike C.
- Awards: Dan N./O’reilly’s
- Trophies: Greg S./4 Seasons
- Pins: Rob L./Pinsville
- Tables: Greg x 1, need additional
- Tents: Sean x 1, Mike x 1, would like more
- Parking: Danny K., need additional
- Ballot Counting: Jeff L., Sean D.
- Shirts and Raffle table: Jim C., Scott S.
- Entry: Jim M., need additional
- Audio: Mike C.
- Music: Sean D.
Tech Help/Open floor
- Greg brought in a steering wheel and column from a mk5 Jetta to discuss how the clock spring works and steps to remove an air bag so the steering wheel can be removed.